Weekly Spinner Picks for 10/16/2013

stephengervais's picture

Another new comic book week is upon us. I hope all my fellow Canadians enjoyed their Thanksgiving weekend. I know I did. It was filled with eating and family time. I’m writing this after huge back-to-back  family dinners and am experiencing some turkey and gravy overload sweats right now! It will be a little shorter than usual but please let me know if you agree or not with my picks in the comments section. Alright away we go.

Hawkeye #13:  The month long wait is over bro! After skipping a month writer Matt Fraction and artist David Aja’s Hawkeye #13 will be hitting the racks this Wednesday. I for one can’t wait. Even though it was only a month I still really missed my dose of Hawkeye in September. This issue continues the story of the Barton brothers. This will definitely be the first comic I read this week.

100 Bullets Brother Lono #5: Writer Brian Azzarello and artist Eduardo Risso’s Lono mini-series continues this week.  I’ve really been enjoying this brutal series but just be forewarned it can be pretty violent at times. This issue word gets out that Lono’s gone soft and there’s a traitor in his midst.

Animal Man #24: Writer Jeff Lemire’s Animal Man has consistently been my favorite title in the New 52. I admit I found the whole Rot saga pretty drawn out but pre-Rot and post-Rot this has been a great comic. Now add to the mix artist Rafael Albuquerque and I’m sure this will continue to be one of my top titles every month. This is a new story arc and has been labeled as good jumping on point so if you’ve been curious about the title now is the time to get onboard. This issue has Buddy continuing to struggle to reunite with his family and of course save the world as we know it!

Bloodshot and Hard Corps #15: This issue is handled by the writing team of Christos Gage and Joshua Dysart with art duties by Emanuela Lupachinno. Last issue was a blast! It was pretty much a perfect issue of Bloodshot. We left off with Bloodshot still in an enemy stronghold and pretty much broken. Looks like HARD Corps is his only hope. Can’t wait for what’s sure to be another action packed adventure.

Comments