Weekly Spinner Picks for 09/04/2013

stephengervais's picture

I’m running a bit behind this long weekend but have no fear here are my weekly spinner picks for your reading pleasure.

Batman #23.1:  DC’s next big event Forever Evil kicks off with Villain’s Month. All the DC titles this month will shine a spotlight on the evil-doers of the DCU. First up for Batman is none other than the clown prince of crime, The Joker. This issue is penned by Andy Kubert and drawn by Andy Clarke. The issue promise us an early look at the Joker and what led him down the path of evil. I’m in! Now I just have to decide whether or not to buy the 3D cover or save the dollar and stick with the regular cover. With all the hype and short print run of the 3Ds maybe the choice will already be made for me when I get to the store.

Star Wars #1: This Dark Horse Comics release is an adaptation of the original Star Wars screenplay. That’s right this comic is based off George Lucas’ original rough-draft. From what we’ve been told all our beloved characters are accounted for but they look a little different. J.W. Rinzler has taken on the writing duties and Mike Mayhew will be handling the pencils. I’m super excited to see what Lucas’ original concepts and character portrayals were for what turned into one of the most iconic movies of all time.

Trillium #2: This new Vertigo comics sci-fi adventure written and drawn by Jeff Lemire has already become a personal favorite. I absolutely loved the first issue and can’t wait to see how this journey progresses with issue 2. I’m intrigued to learn how the two main characters are connected and how they managed to transcend time and space to meet up. Of course I’m also, as always, eager for more Lemire artwork.

Comments

I can't believe Superior spiderman sucked me back in with that Spider-man 2099 cover.  Big regrets.  Totally missed The Starwars.. I’ll have to grab it digitally.  Trillium was great.  Special congratulations to DC’s batman 3D cover for successfully time traveling back to the 90’s.