Spinner Picks for 09/28/2016

stephengervais's picture
Weekly Spinner Picks is all about the hot comics of the week and getting to know the tastes of the writers at Comics: The Gathering. Each week the CTG contributors spotlight which comics they are most looking forward to on Wednesday and how those picks got to the top of their to-read piles. Let us know if you agree or not with our picks and most importantly don’t forget to add your list in the comment section below!

Here are my hot picks of the week!

Frostbite #1: I’m always up for a new Vertigo series! Especially when it’s got a darn fine writer behind it! This new series is written by Joshua Williamson with art by Jason Shawn Alexander. Earth has entered a second ice age but humanity has found a way to survive. Heat has become power with everyone fighting for control of it and frostbite is now a deadly disease that freezes people from the inside out. I’m a fan of good dystopian story and this one has twist with the cold element. To top it all off I love winter artwork which this will have plenty of.

X-O Manowar #50: This was the flagship title Valiant used to relaunch their brand back 2012. The title and the publisher hold a special spot in my heart since they were the first to get on board with CTG! This 64-page finale promises to be spectacular. The preview pages look like we’re in for an action-packed adventure to close things out.

Josie and the Pussycats #1: All of the Archie relaunched titles have been wildly entertaining. I’ve loved the horror line as well as the regular line. I have no doubt that writer Marguerite Bennett and artist Audrey Mok will continue this trend and bring us a memorable first issue of Josie and the Pussycats. This issue has Josie getting the band back together looking to achieve musical stardom and I’m sure there will be some hijinks thrown into the mix.

Previews #337: I always love perusing the upcoming releases!

Comments