Spinner Picks for 06/22/2016

stephengervais's picture
Weekly Spinner Picks is all about the hot comics of the week and getting to know the tastes of the writers at Comics: The Gathering. Each week the CTG contributors spotlight which comics they are most looking forward to on Wednesday and how those picks got to the top of their to-read piles. Let us know if you agree or not with our picks and most importantly don’t forget to add your list in the comment section below!

Here are my hot picks of the week!

Star Wars Force Awakens adaptation #1: This adaptation is written by Chuck Wendig and drawn by Luke Ross. I, like many others, enjoyed A Force Awakens and am looking forward to seeing how the movie adapts into the world of comics. My one reservation is it’s written by Wendig who wrote my least favorite Star Wars novel of the new canon, Star Wars: Aftermath. At $4.99 an issue this series will be on a very short leash with me. If it doesn’t grab my with this issue it’ll be cut immediately.

Detective Comics #935: This is one of 3 DC titles I’ll be purchasing this week. It’s the one I’m most looking forward to. So far the DC Rebirth has been a success in my eyes. It’s produced some great books while showcasing some great creative teams. This one is written by James Tynion IV and drawn by the duo of Eddy Barrows and Eber Ferreira.

She-Wolf #1: A new series from Image Comics written and drawn by Rich Tommaso. The story centres on a girl who believes she’s been bitten by a werewolf.  She soon begins to experience nightmares that blur the dream world and reality. The preview pages look pretty cool. I’ll give it a shot!

Usagi Yojimbo #155: My favorite ronin joins Inspector Ishida to investigate a brutal murder. Written and drawn, as always, by the legend Stan Sakai.

Comments