Spinner Picks for 02/01/2017

stephengervais's picture
Weekly Spinner Picks is all about the hot comics of the week and getting to know the tastes of the writers at Comics: The Gathering. Each week the CTG contributors spotlight which comics they are most looking forward to on Wednesday and how those picks got to the top of their to-read piles. Let us know if you agree or not with our picks and most importantly don’t forget to add your list in the comment section below!

Here are my hot picks of the week!

Bullseye #1: I’ve always been a fan of books putting a villain as its lead character. I find it so refreshing to get the story from their point of view. This new series focuses on the assassin for hire Bullseye when he’s not tangling with the super beings of the Marvel universe. This issue is written by Ed Brisson and Marv Wolfman with the art duties handled by Alec Morgan and Guillermo Sanna.

Star Wars Darth Maul #1: Writer Cullen Bunn and artist Luke Ross team up to take a look at Darth Maul’s past! The timeline is said to take place before The Phantom Menace as he attempts to take on an apprentice in his first Marvel mini-series. Darth Maul was killed off 18 years ago but it’s hard to keep a good villain down. This should be a dandy!

Batman #16: As you’ve probably heard the last two issues of Batman have been stellar! I’m excited to be seriously excited about the ongoing Batman series again. This new arc by writer Tom King and artist David Finch is titled “I am Bane”. Bane will stop at nothing to get at Batman and no one is safe.

Shade the Changing Girl #5: I’ve recently re-read this Young Animal title and I have to say it reads amazingly well in a chunk. Issue by issue had me somewhat confused but reading it as a whole pulls me into the wild world of Shade. I love the story, the art, the colours! It’s a really fun ride. This issue is written by Cecil Castellucci and drawn by Marley Zarcone and Chynna Clugston-Flores.

Comments