The coulson report : agents of s.h.i.e.l.d. episode 4 (aired oct 15, 2013)

lucstclair's picture

The Plot

An international unknown assailant has stolen 30 million dollars of goods and left many bodies in her wake, which has attracted S.H.I.E.L.D.’s attention, specifically agent Coulson. Akela Amadore was an ex-S.H.I.E.L.D. agent on a mission seven years ago that left other agents dead and her body M.I.A. Trained under Coulson, he wants to bring her in alive and believes she deserves a second chance, but not everybody on the team shares his beliefs.

The Verdict

This week’s episode delves into the past, as we’re introduced to an ex- S.H.I.E.L.D. agent that is very personal to agent Coulson. Themes of redemption and second chances throughout this episode really gives the audience a glimpse into agent Coulson’s humanity, not to say that he’s an unfeeling robot, but often he’s played up as all business and never shows his soft side.

As always, the Whedon humour is alive and well. There’s a hilarious scene in which Skye, Fitz and Simmons are sitting in a van and come up with a live video feed directly hooked up to the then unknown assailant looking directly at them that’s just priceless.

Bad-ass action scene

Agent May VS Akela Amadore in the hotel room. Both women kicked ass. Felt like a scene from Kill Bill. Boo-Yaa!

Best line of dialogue

When agent Ward has to “seduce” his male target, Skye gives him some tips to bromance the guy. “Talk about sports or how you scored last night”

Final report

This might be stretching it a bit, but were those guys in red masks a nod to Madam Masque? A character often associated with terrorist groups S.H.I.E.L.D. has to deal with. Like last week, another fun and action orientated episode with a Cloak & Dagger vibe to it, not the Marvel Comics Cloak & Dagger.

Comments